• Telephone: 450.9834233 Responsible: Dr David Benguira 464 rue du parc, suite 122, Saint Eustache, Quebec, J7R-0C9
• Web: https://www.monorthodontiste.org/
Types of personal data we process
The types of information we may hold about you include:
• Personal information for you and your family (such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, health insurance card);
• Insurance information;
• Medical history provided by you or a healthcare professional, allergies, medication list and pharmacy contact;
• Payment details (including payment card number, expiry date and billing address - if necessary);
• Authorization (verbal) to request x-rays and records from a former dentist or specialist.
• Content (such as photographs and comments, e.g.: social networks);
• Information you choose to provide as part of your case (such as veteran status, gender and ethnicity);
• Information generated by us as part of the management of our relationship with you, such as a history of treatments received (e.g. examination-cleaning for recall);
• Other information (such as demographics and preferences).
“Personal data” is defined very broadly and includes any information relating to a natural person, who can be identified, directly or indirectly, from data we hold about them or from data combined with other information. This may include data relating to our employees, customers, patients, shareholders, subcontractors or the staff of our suppliers, visitors to our buildings or users of our website.
Purposes for which we process personal data
Legal basis for processing personal data
The law requires us to have a legal basis before processing personal data about you. The legal basis on which we process your personal data for the above purposes may be as follows:
- You have given your consent by signing the dental questionnaire during your first visit.
- You consent by giving the information verbally by telephone or in person to a representative of the north shore orthodontic center;
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent you have previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data. In certain circumstances, withdrawing your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal data by the north shore orthodontic center will mean that you will not be able to benefit from any treatment or service.
Disclosure of information relating to data subjects
We intend to keep your personal data confidential, in accordance with our legal obligations. We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise disclose this information to third parties, other than as described in this Privacy Statement, for the purposes described above, or as we disclose to you at the time the data is collected. We may disclose your personal data in accordance with and where permitted by applicable law:
• to the referring dentist or a specialist
• so that we can comply with our legal obligations, e.g. when we are required to disclose certain information to tax authorities;
• to protect the security or integrity of our business, including our databases and systems;
• to one of our outsourced service providers, laboratory or your insurance companies to facilitate the process and provide extended services to our customers and website visitors, for example outsourcing the processing of certain interactive functions of the website, l administration of electronic mail services • to any other third party for which you have given your consent.
Personal information collected on our website
Through its website, the DR David Bengiuira Orthodontic center collects personal information about you.
The clinic is committed to ensuring the protection of your personal information, and
invites you to read this confidentiality policy.
Personal information collected automatically
By connecting to our website, certain personal information is exchanged between your computer and our server. This exchange is necessary so that the data contained on our site can be correctly communicated to the computer equipment you use. This personal information is kept by the Clinic only for technical and statistical purposes related to the performance of our website.
The information covered is as follows:
• the domain name of your Internet service provider;
• your IP address;
• your browser (Explorer, Firefox, etc.);
• your operating system (Windows, Mac OS, etc.);
• the date and time of your visit;
• the Internet pages consulted.
The clinic does not keep any connection cookies (commonly known as
“cookie”) permanently. Only a temporary connection cookie is used during your visit to our site in order to improve the performance of certain features present there.
You can deactivate your cookies through your web browser. However, this deactivation may have the effect of restricting certain functionalities of our website.
Personal information transmitted voluntarily by email or by filling out the form
Personal information that you voluntarily communicate to us by email or via the contact form on our website, such as your name and
your email address, will only be used to allow clinic staff to respond to you or follow up on your request, and will not be kept.
Personal information collected for the provision of dental care
The DR David Bengiuira Orthodontic Center must collect the personal information necessary for the provision of dental care by means of confidential medical questionnaires, photos, x-rays which are kept in your dental file, and your dental file is kept on digital media including the Access is controlled using access codes.
Only healthcare staff will have access to your health information, administrative staff will only have access to the information necessary to carry out their duties (billing, making appointments, transmission to insurance companies).
Your rights :
•Right to access your dental file in order to read it
•Right to rectify certain elements
•Right to obtain a copy
•Right to withdraw your consent to the communication or use of information
•Right to Restrict or Deny Access
•Right to be informed if your information is communicated outside Quebec
If you wish to exercise one of your rights, or make a complaint, please make a request to the person responsible for the protection of personal information,
Duration of retention of personal information
Your dental file is kept for five years following the last registration or insertion in this file in accordance with the law and at the end of this period, it will be destroyed in order to preserve its confidentiality.
All clinic employees have signed a confidentiality agreement.
Responsible for Confidentiality Policy
For any questions regarding this policy, or for any complaints relating to non-compliance with it, please contact Dr. David Benguira in writing at), responsible for the protection of personal information, in writing at ([email protected] ).
Security measures used to protect personal data
The North Shore Orthodontic Center takes appropriate physical, technical and organizational security measures intended to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us.